May 2nd 2010 -
As the AquaNation team continues to evolve it’s plans to raise funds and create solutions to drinking water problems across the globe, we take a look at several innovative projects and solutions. One such project our team member Sriram Sarma Emani noticed is a movie titled “The Story of Bottled Water”.
No, the movie does not talk quaintly about the history of bottled water. Yes, it touches on the history, but more so to reveal the dark side of bottled water than anything else. On the one end companies like Pepsi tend to scratch the surface of social entrepreneurship, with projects such as “Refresh Everything”. On the other end, they claim to have campaigns that claim that tap water is the enemy. Such dichotomies present everywhere in the corporate world only lead us farther away from a solution to our problems.
Rather than paraphrase the entire movie on the post here, we would welcome you to watch the movie on their site directly.
Once you have watched the movie, we hope you will think of taking some action. Action involves simple steps -
1. Carry a re-usable water bottle.
2. Try not to purchase bottled water at all.
3. Discourage the practice of purchasing and using bottled water where possible.
4. If you must use bottled water, please make an effort to dispose off the bottle(s) appropriately.
5. Join a movement, volunteer and/or take action with leadership.
Click here to watch the movie:
To learn more about “The Story of Stuff”, you can go here: http://storyofstuff.org/